Are you having trouble with excessive underarm sweating? Do your armpits start sweating at the most inconvenient times? Do you wish you could do something to stop excessive underarm sweat? If so, then you need to know that it might not be easy. It depends on how severe your condition is. If sweat literally pours down your arms - even when you're not very hot, then you probably have a severe condition and might want to visit a doctor.
Although it's not always easy to treat, it doesn't have to be difficult, either. There are many things you can try on your own if you don't want to visit a doctor right now. Some of the treatments for severe underarm sweating include surgery, cosmetic injections, oral medications, and iontophoresis and remedies to stop sweating naturally. The medical term for excessive underarm sweating is called axillary hyperhidrosis. Some people also experience palmar, facial, and plantar hyperhidrosis.
Here are some tips on how you can stop excessive underarm sweat on your own:
1. Don't use just any deodorant or soap. Some hygiene products contain chemicals that might not be compatible with your skin. These chemicals will irritate your underarms, making the problem worse. Scented products in particular contain chemicals that can cause irritation.
2. Avoid hot liquids, including coffee and any type of soup with spicy ingredients. Hot liquids, spicy foods, and caffeine are all triggers that will only make the underarms sweat problem worse. Drink tons of water every day and fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
3. If you are overweight, you should try losing some. Overweight individuals tend to sweat more than those who maintain a healthy weight. If you use the aforementioned tip to modify your diet, you should be able to lose some weight AND stop excessive underarm sweat!
4. You probably won't like doing this, but on hot days you should take cold showers. If that's too much for you, rub ice under your arms. Do whatever you have to do to lower your body temperature so that you'll sweat less.
5. Drink sage tea every single day. This is the one "hot" liquid that you can drink if you want. Sage is an herb that has been used in the treatment of hyperhidrosis for centuries. You can also rub some under your arms to prevent sweating!
6. Avoid alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes. This might be difficult, especially if you have an addiction problem, but it's essential if you want to stop excessive underarm sweat. These all contain chemicals that can trigger excessive sweating.
7. DO NOT wear nylons or polyesters! They will make it difficult for your armpits to "breathe", therefore causing sweating problems. Wear loose shirts and bras made out of wool and cotton. They provide space around the underarm area, which allows for evaporation. Also, in hot weather, only wear light colored clothes.
8. Keep the underarm area shaved. Even if you're a guy, you should trim the hair. It's easy for sweat and bacteria to accumulate in hair, so without any hair, you will sweat less! You also won't have to worry as much about an unpleasant odor due to the toxins given off by the bacteria.
Plus there's more...
The best thing you can do is get in shape and improve your overall health. The healthier you are, the less you will sweat! Eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the best way to stop excessive underarm sweat.
These tips are really just the start. You can get the COMPLETE, step by step regimen for ending your excessive sweating at my website right now with 12 amazing tactics.
I've made it incredible easy to learn each one, step-by-step in a FREE video, appropriately called "Sweat Free Tactics". It's over 30 minutes of video including 12 powerful techniques that work for sweaty hands, feet, face, armpits and even generalized hyperhidrosis.
It IS possible to stop excessive underarm sweat! Watch the step by step video now and never feel self-conscious about your excessive sweating again!