If you are a woman and you are in your reproductive years, you carry the risk of developing fibroids sometime in your life before the menopause. Fibroids symptoms are often uncomfortable and even painful. Conventional treatment is not always a satisfactory option and because of this, many women want to discover how to reduce the symptoms of fibroids at home.
Many women are quite unaware of what fibroids are. And most often, finding out about these benign tumors can alleviate the initial fears which many feel as many ladies wonder if they might have a life-threatening condition. Fibroids are rarely cancerous and not dangerous. However, this does not mean that having them is trouble-free!
Some women might experience discomfort, pain and bloating, especially at the time of their period whereas some might just have a heavier than average flow. More severe problems include incontinence, bowel problems, backache, severe pelvic discomfort and distension of the abdomen. One of the worst problems faced by some women is pregnancy problems and even infertility.
When looking at how to reduce the symptoms of fibroids, there are a number of home remedies which you can try. These natural methods can work wonders and are worth trying before opting for surgery or drug treatment-neither of which are permanent solutions.
* Heat treatment can be helpful and it's a very common home remedy. Sit in a warm bath for about 20 minutes and this can help to relax the abdominal muscles, providing gentle, soothing relief.
* You can also apply light massages to the abdomen to relieve tension and stress. This also has the effect of easing blood congestion which can exacerbate fibroid growth.
* Taking regular exercise can help for three reasons. Firstly, it can release endorphins, which are natures pain-reliever. Also, like massage, exercise can help to increase blood circulation which can relieve symptoms and help to reduce fibroids. Lastly, exercise can help with weight management-and it is known that women with more body fat are prone to fibroids.
* Other ways to reduce the symptoms of fibroids at home include using castor oil packs, which are a well-known remedy. When warmed, it is believed that the components of castor oil can penetrate the abdomen and help to dissolve the fibroid.
* Dandelion tea is also thought to help. You should drink a cup or two daily to relieve your symptoms.
As well as the tips above, to reduce the symptoms of fibroids using home remedies, you should pay constant attention to your diet. The foods you eat can worsen and improve your situation and it is vital that you adhere to the principles of a healthy diet. You should eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, ensuring that what you eat is mainly organic. Try to avoid red meats and any foods which have been processed or which contain additives. Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
As you can never be quite sure which tips will work for you, the best approach is to use a combination of natural therapies together. This is a much more robust and sensible approach than trying to reduce the symptoms of fibroids using one-off isolated remedies.
If you would like to learn strategies to help you learn how to reduce the symptoms of fibroids using home remedies, then there is a guaranteed system which guarantees to shrink your fibroids and eliminate all symptoms.